RULE-1: SHORT TITLE AND COMMENCEMENT:
- These Rules shall be called as ASSAM RURAL DEVELOPMENT SOCIETY (ARDS) Conduct, Discipline and Appeal Rules.
- They shall come into force from 1st August 2019
These rules shall apply to all regular employees of the Corporation (including probationers) borne on the shore establishment except those in casual employment or paid from contingencies.
In these Rules, unless the context otherwise requires
- Employee means a person in the employment of the Corporation other than the casual, work charged or contingent staff.
- Company/Corporation/ARDS/NGO means the ASSAM RURAL DEVELOPMENT SOCIETY.
- Board means the Board of Directors of the Corporation/ Company and includes, in relation to exercise of powers any committee of the Board/Management OR any Officer of the Undertaking to whom the Board delegates any of its power.
- Chairman-cum-Managing Director means the Chairman-cum-managing Director of the Corporation/ Company.
- Disciplinary Authority means the authority specified in the schedule appended to these rules and competent to impose any of the penalties specified in Rule 25.
- Competent Authority means the authority empowered by Board of Directors by any general or special rule or order to discharge the function or use the powers specified in the rule or order.
- Government means the Government of India.
- Appellate Authority means the authority specified in the schedule appended to these rules.
- Reviewing Authority means, the Appellate Authority or any Authority above the Disciplinary Authority, which has not exercised the powers as Appellate Authority, on the orders passed by the Disciplinary Authority.
- Family in relation to an employee includes;
- The wife or husband as the case may be of the employee, whether residing with him or not but does not include a wife or husband as the case may be separated from the employee by a decree or order of a competent court.
- Sons or daughters or step-sons or step daughters of the employee and wholly dependant on him, but does not include a child or step-child who is no longer in any way dependant on the employee or of whose custody the employee has been deprived of by or under any law.
- Any other person related, whether by blood or marriage to such employee or to such employee’s wife or husband and wholly dependent on such employee.
- Public Servant shall mean and include a person as mentioned in Section 21 of Indian Penal Code as amended from time to time.
- Every employee of the Corporation/ Company shall at all times
- Maintain absolute integrity;
- Maintain devotion to duty; and
- Do nothing which is unbecoming of a Public Servant.
- Every employee of the Corporation/ Company holding a supervisory
post shall take all possible steps to ensure the integrity and devotion to duty
of all employees for the time being under his control and authority.
Without prejudice to the generality of the term “mis-conduct”, the following acts of omission and commission shall be treated as misconduct:
- Theft, fraud or dishonesty in connection with the business or property of the Corporation/ Company or property of another person within the premises of the Corporation/ Company.
- Taking or giving bribes or any illegal gratification.
- Possession of pecuniary resources or property disproportionate to the known source of income by the employee or on his behalf by another person, which the employee cannot satisfactorily account for.
- Furnishing false information regarding name, age, father’s name, qualifications, ability or previous service or any other matter germane to the employment at the time of employment or during the course of employment.
- Acting in a manner prejudicial to the interests of the Corporation/Company.
- Willful insubordination or disobedience, whether or not in combination with others, of any lawful and reasonable order of his superior.
- Absence without leave or over-staying the sanctioned leave for more than four consecutive days without sufficient grounds or proper or satisfactory explanation.
- Habitual late or irregular attendance.
- Neglect of work or negligence in the performance of duty including
malingering or slowing down of work.
- Damage to any property of the Corporation/ Company.
- Interference or tampering with any safety devices installed in or about
the premises of the Corporation/ Company.
- Drunkenness or riotous or disorderly or indecent behaviour in the premises of the Corporation/ Company or out side such premises where such behaviour is related to or connected with the employment.
- Gambling within the premises of the establishment.
- Smoking within the premises of the establishment where it is prohibited
- Collection without the permission of the Competent Authority of any money within the premises of the Corporation/ Company except as sanctioned by any law of the land for the time being in force or rules of the Corporation/ Company.
- Sleeping while on duty.
- Commission of any act which amounts to a criminal offence involving moral turpitude
- Absence of the employees appointed at place of work without permission or sufficient cause.
- Purchasing properties, machinery, stores, etc., from or selling properties, machinery, stores etc., to the Corporation/ Company without express permission in writing from the Competent Authority.
- Commission of any act subversive of discipline or of good behaviour.
- Abetment of, or attempt to abet, any act which amounts to misconduct.
- Leaving station without permission.
- Acceptance of gifts from and lending or borrowing money to or from,
- Deliberately spreading false information or rumours with a view to bringing about disruption to the Company’s normal work.
- Unauthorized use or occupation of the Company’s quarters, land or other property.
- Unauthorized communication of official documents or information relating to the Company’s business.
- Striking work or inciting others to strike work in contravention of the provisions of any law or rule having the force of law.
- Writing of anonymous letters etc., addressing appeals or representations to an authority other than the appellate or the appropriate authority.
- Engaging in other employment whilst still in the service of the Company without prior permission of the authority.
- Canvassing for Union/ Party membership or the collection of the Union or party dues, funds or contributions etc., at the factory or office premises or the Company’s non-residential premises or precincts.
- Distributing or exhibiting in the Corporation’s premises or its precincts handbills, pamphlets, posters or causing to be displayed by means of signs or writings or other visible representations any matter, without previous sanction of the authority.
- Organising, holding attending or taking part in any meeting within the Corporation’s premises or its precincts without prior sanction of the authority.
- Conduct within the Corporation’s premises or its precincts which is likely to endanger the life or in the life or in the interest of discipline.
- Refusal to accept charge sheet, orders or other communication served either in accordance with these rules or in the interest of discipline.
- Wilful falsification, defacement or distribution of personnel records or any records of the Corporation.
- Refusal to work on holidays or on Sundays when notified to do so in the exigencies of the Corporation’s work.
- Unauthorised use of Corporation’s vehicle and allowing unauthorized person to operate Corporation’s vehicle and carrying unauthorized persons in the Corporation’s vehicle.
- Surrounding or forcibly detaining Management or any of the Corporation's Officers.
- Possession of any lethal weapon in the Corporation’s premises or within the precincts without the prior permission of the authority.
- (*) Commission of an act, involving sexual harassment of working women
at work places.
(*) (Circular No.01/98, dated 16.01.1998)