Welcome to the “ARDS” family.
The main purpose of this manual is to introduce you to the organization in terms of various employee benefits and other relevant information. Therefore, we have put together key information here that you may find useful.
The information contained in this manual is for your general reference. Policies and practices may be changed as we move on.
Please do contact the HR & Admin Department if you seek any more information.
- Applicability: These Personnel Policies are applicable to the employees in all grades working in Corporate Office as well as Regional Offices.
- Availability: This Policy is available with all the Department Heads and Regional Head.
GENERAL WORKING HOURS
The core working hours would be between 9.00 a.m to 6.30 p.m.
Depending on work exigencies, employees may be required to work beyond the above-mentioned timings.
There are no designated tea/coffee breaks. Employees should use these in a responsible manner.
Sundays would be observed as the weekly off.
All employees here need to be formally dressed.
The rest of the organization will follow formal dressing every day with the added requirement for a tie/blazer on special specific occasions.
All employees are required to be co-operative, organized, disciplined and contribute to the overall office ambiance in a positive manner.. All telephone interactions should be handled in a courteous manner.
Every employee shall take proper care to keep their surroundings clean. Smoking is strictly prohibited in the office premises, even after working hours. The workspace should be neat at all times particularly at the end of the day.
- Employees moving out of the office for personal or official work, as well as, late arrivals, should strictly fill the “Late cum On Duty form”, update the
register & submit the duly completed form at the reception on the very same day.
- All visitors be seated only in the discussion room & not allowed entry in the workplace, unless unavoidable or if required.
- Avoid unnecessary loitering / hanging around individually or in groups, in the office or at each other’s workstation. Preferably use intercom for communication.
- Unwanted waste papers are trashed & not be kept/thrown on empty desks or around printer areas.
- For working on off days, please take prior permission of your HOD & intimate the same to HR by mail.
Needless to say, employees found ignoring or flouting the above would call for appropriate action.
All our branches would observe core working hours between 9.00 a.m. to 6.30
p.m. with an hour’s lunch break from 1.00 p.m to 2.00 p.m. All employees are required to bear in mind the above timings and discipline themselves to attend the office on time.
All employees are required to maintain attendance Register every day. Failure to do
so will require the employee to get the absence regularized by the superior and submitted
to HR & Admin
Employees on tour should intimate on email number of days on tour to their Head
and to the HR & Admin dept prior to departure.
All official visits and other out of office movements should be recorded of the Register.
1) Up to 3 late marks and delay less than 1 hour ( i.e. 3 late marks together ) No Action
(From Third late mark – Late cum OD form to be filled )
2) Late for more than 2.30 hours on any one day If an employee is late by more than 2.30 hour 1/2 day leave
will be deducted.
3) More than 3 late marks up to 5 late marks Deduction of 1-day leave 4) 6 to 8 late marks The salary deduction, 1/2 day for
each days delay
5) More than 8 late marks Disciplinary Action, Inquiry in
addition to salary deduction.
Employees who come 10 mins late from the scheduled time will be considered late.
Employees who come late due to official work will not be considered as a late provided Late cum On Duty Form duly authorized by HoD is submitted.
Employees on tour should submit Travel Form duly approved by their HoD to HR.
Once in a month employees can avail short leave after completing the necessary formalities.
Local Travel –
- If an employee has a local appointment before 10.00 am, then the employee can go directly from his residence.
If the client’s appointment is between 10.30 am and 6.30 pm employee can leave the office 1 hr. to 1.30 hrs depending on distance and travel time to the client’s office.
The Leave eligibility shall be computed and operated on a Calendar Year basis. (January – December)
The number of days of leave entitlement (All types of Leave) will be prorated based on the date the employee joins the organization during the current calendar year.
Leave should be planned well in advance (except in exigencies) such that it does not affect day to day work and applied in the prescribed application form attached in the annexure. Leave Application form is available of the Office, the form can be filled up and submit to the Head office for approval. However, prior verbal approval/e-mail approval from the superior is required before proceeding on leave.
All leaves should have the prior approval /post ratification of the Department Head. Any leave taken without PRIOR APPROVAL or is not regularized by the Dept. Head; post facto would be treated as “absence without leave” and be processed on a “loss of pay” basis. Nevertheless, ‘loss of pay’ is not an automatic option that could be exercised when there is no leave balance. It is a facility to be exercised under genuine circumstances only.
An employee is said to be on “absence without leave” if he/she avails leave without prior intimation or is not ratified subsequently, though he/ she may have left to his/her credit.
Any employee who has been “absent without leave” for any half-year is “going without leave” will have serious consequences for more than three days, or even termination of employment of Ards.
Extension of Leave: Any extension of Leave should be informed well before the expiry of the already sanctioned leave and such extension is valid only if such extension is approved by the Dept Head.
We observe the leave year pattern of January – December for calculation of the below-mentioned leaves.
Each employee would be eligible for :
ƒ Sick Leave (SL) – 7 days ( cannot be encashed )
- Casual Leave (CL) – 8 days ( cannot be encashed )
The employee must inform his / her Head Office at the earliest in case he/she is unable to attend to work on any specific day. In all such situations, the employee should inform his / her Head Office of the ailment and the period he/she is likely to be absent from the work. The sick leave must be regularized at the earliest.
If the sick leave is of three days or more, the employee should submit a registered medical practitioner’s certificate along with the sick leave application.
- If the nature of the illness is prolonged necessitating sick leave over and above the entitlement, the employee can use his Earned Leave entitlement for the shortfall. If there is still a shortfall, the Company may at its discretion allow the employee “sick leave” with pay.
Not availed CL will lapse after 31st December and cannot be carried forward to the new leave year.
Sick Leave can be carried forward to the New Leave year, up to a balance of 28 days, over and above which sick leave would lapse.
RULES FOR AVAILING LEAVE
Not more than 3 CL’s can be availed at a stretch.
CL cannot and EL (earned leave) cannot be clubbed together.
Earned Leave can be carried forward up to 42 days only beyond which it will lapse.
Earned Leave (7 days and more) will require approval from the Dept. Head before availing the same.
Application for compensatory leave with details approved by the Dept Head. should be forwarded to the HR & Admin Dept.
Compensatory leave is not encashable and should be availed within a month, or else it lapses.
LIST OF PAID HOLIDAYS
The list of national holidays and festival holidays would be announced every year in the last week of the preceding year.
Women employees shall be entitled to Maternity Leave subject to conditions prescribed in the ESI Act or Maternity Benefits Act, 1961 whichever is applicable and after completion of one year of employment.
All-female employees can avail of 90 days of maternity leave for a maximum of 2 occasions during their tenure with ARDS.
Application for Maternity leave needs to be made at least 2 months prior to proceeding on leave. This application needs to be supported by a certificate issued by a Registered Medical Practitioner indicating the likely date of delivery.
In the case of miscarriage or premature delivery, 45 days of Maternity Leave can be availed of after the event. Application for Maternity leave should be supported by a Medical Certificate indicating the exact date of the event.
All male employees can avail of 7 days of paternity leave within a month of his spouse’s delivery for a maximum of 2 occasions during their tenure with ARDS after submitting a certificate issued by a Registered Medical Practitioner indicating the date of delivery.
Employees are eligible for 3 days of extraordinary leave in the event of loss of any member of his immediate family. This leave requires the approval of the CEO.
All employees who travel on Company business will be covered under this policy. Trainees and consultants will also be covered.
The employees are to use the Head Office preferred hotels for their stay while on office work trips and ensure that the appropriate corporate discounts are extended to them while settling the bills. For convenience, and better planning the Administration department should be consulted.
Employees should preserve for submission relevant receipts/tickets to facilitate processing claims.
In case of tickets and supporting, vouchers for travel fare is not produced, the lowest applicable fare will be considered for processing claims.
LONG STAY DURING TRAINING AT HO
In the event of any such occasions when employees are required at HO for over a week and where the company has made arrangements for lodging and boarding, the employee will not be eligible for any extra allowances apart from conveyance at actuals.
In this period, if the employee makes his own lodging and boarding arrangements, he can claim Flat Allowance only.
However, if the employee does not take any boarding facility at the hotel/guesthouse through the entire day, he may submit claims against food bills up to Rs. 150/-for the whole day.
DURING ON SITE PROJECTs/ DEPUTATION
On any occasion when employees are required to stay away from their place of posting to the office work location, for an extended period, the employee is eligible for Lodging and Boarding for 7 days.
Employees who have taken travel advances should clear all food, laundry, telephone bills directly at the hotel.
Advances would be granted on submission of TRF, duly signed by the Dept. Head and should be properly accounted for within seven days of return from the trip.
- The company would not grant a further advance till such time the earlier advance is cleared, unless in exceptional cases wherein approval from the CEO is mandatory.
- All claims duly approved by the Head office, for a particular office work trip, must be submitted to the accounts department by the employee giving complete details of the expenses incurred within seven days of return from the office work trip.
- All expenses are required to be in line with the policy laid. If any expenses claimed are over and above the policy amounts, such expenses would require the approval of the CEO/ Director. Expenses not subject to their approval would be disallowed.
- The employee should fill in the Travel Requisition Form and get the travel plan approved by his /her Dept Head.
- The employee should hand over a copy of the Travel Requisition to Head Office at least a week in advance, to enable arrangements to be made.
- The employee should submit the Travel Expenses Statement to F&A within 7 days of return from the tour, duly supported, with bills/vouchers/cash memos, etc.
- Any air ticket that is unused should be returned to the Head office immediately on return.
- Any deviation to this policy would require prior approval from the Head Office.
- All travel has to be authorized by the Department Heads. No deviations from the policy shall be entertained unless duly authorized by the Head Office.
- Only billing statements or summary will not be accepted as supporting claims. If supporting vouchers are not available, the expense shall be disallowed.
ASSET RECOVERY POLICY-
(For Laptop, Pen drive, Data Card and other assets)
These are office assets and are issued to certain employees based on their roles and work profile.
Employees are responsible for the general maintenance and upkeep of the assets. Employees are expected to take care of these assets during travel and general handling.
In the event of finding that an asset issued to an employee was damaged/lost/misplaced due to negligence or mishandling, then the organization reserves the right to recover the amount from the employee.
TECHNOLOGY USER POLICY
At ARDS we believe that it better to focus on the quality and quantity of work output rather than the amount of time an employee uses the Internet.
To ensure that the organization’s equipment is properly used by various users and certain specified guidelines are followed.
User Policy :
Users are responsible for their own data, i.e. data on master1\users and data on their workstations. Keep a second copy of important files on master1\users and one on their machines. At all times, keep two copies of critical data files.
- Do not share your hard drives as it may cause to loss of data.
- Antivirus updates are to be done as soon as the mail is received from the Administrator.
- Not to bring any hardware from outside.
- Not suppose to open the systems without permission of Administrator.
- Not suppose to install any software without permission.
- Do not keep any video or songs on master1\users or any server.
- Don’t keep any unwanted things on master1\usersor any server.
- Data on CD’s will not be written till Department head approves.
- The password of NT will be changed in every 42 days.
- Not suppose to delete any file or data of others without prior permission of particular data.
- Visitors are not allowed to sit at and use employee machines.
- Users are supposed to only use software which they are authorized to.